More and more people come to the masseur to relieve their pain, overload, contractures or muscle breakdown. That is why it is very important for every professional masseur to master the techniques of sports massage.
Sports massage las vegas is a manual technique that aims to improve the performance and physical condition of the athlete. It is applied so that the athlete can reach the optimal fitness, as well as prevent and avoid injuries or accelerate the rehabilitation of muscle problems that already had.
Classification of Sports Massage
There are several types of Sports Massage according to the objectives pursued. Massage in sports can be classified into:
Preparatory / pre-competition massage
Preferably applied (although it varies according to the authors) between 6 and 24 hours before the competition, training or activity, to optimize the elastic and contractile capacities of the tissues. It is an invigorating massage
- increase in blood circulation and therefore energy enrichment
- increase of the internal temperature of the muscle and of the viscoelastic properties of the muscular and conjunctive tissue, which forms fascias, aponeurosis, tendons … guaranteeing an adequate contractile response and tension.
- elimination of localized adhesions and myalgias
It is usually applied between 30 minutes and 6 hours after the end of the activity. Previously the athlete must perform an active cooling that includes slowing down, stretching, hydration and respiratory and cardiac normalization.
- Drainage of metabolic waste
- Reduction of muscle hypertonia and possible spasms
- Increase in blood supply
In this phase manual lymphatic drainage is very indicated and it is necessary to avoid very intense massage techniques that can exacerbate an inflammatory pain, increasing the recovery time. You can apply rubbing techniques, rhythmic compressions, segmental vibrations…
It also involves a kind of psychological “reward” to the athlete for the effort made.
It should be periodic. It is used as a diagnostic and treatment means, forming part of the athlete’s preparation program.
- Eliminate muscular fatigue pictures
- maintain the natural elasticity of the muscular, tedious, facial, ligament us tissue …
- detection and elimination of malign zones